Monday, July 26, 2010

Things I learned today

1. Just because you change the time on your alarm clock doesn't mean you set it.
-Okay I've known this for a while but for some reason my clock didn't go off this morning. I blame technology. And Damn kids.

2. Getting ready for work the night before is beneficial when your wake up call is your carpool arriving

2.5. My carpool is amazing people. Is. Amazing.

3. I can feasibly get ready for work in 2 minutes and a shit ton of adrenaline

4. Wearing my boots without socks doesn't result in blisters but does result in pools of sweat. GORTEX RULZZZZZZzzzz....?

5.When you have to go back to the parking lot to turn off your dome light, don't forget to lock your doors. Nothing bad happened but just a reminder IRENE

6. That sandwich you made on Saturday, took out into the field then didn't eat? Not still good on Monday.

7. A covey of quail wait until the very last second to startle and fly away. Probably out of spite so that I get startled too.

8. Ocotillo is so pretty when it is in leaf. I just want to pet it all the time.

9. Pin cushion cactus. Adorable. I feel bad for whacking it with my hammer on accident a lot.

1o. Question game. Question game FOREVER

11. Buying slurpees and doritos for carpool seems a sufficient apology for being a hot mess in the morning.

12. Put emergency socks in the office. Not on kitchen counter.

13. For having awful luck today, my luck isn't so bad

HERE'S A PICTURE OF A BOBCAT KITTEN I SAW (photo credit, my co worker)

1 comment: